Tuesday, February 22, 2005

My Poppie and Mommie -- Entry # Fifty Three.

Pictured above are two people that have made a great impact on my life, as we children called them ( Mommie and Poppie ) Most children would say that their parents were the best in the world, and I think that is alright to say, because that is the way I feel. They were a great help to us seven children as we were growing up, they taught us by example. It sure would be nice to have a little talk with them this morning, Poppie was born on August 24, 1889 and died on November 22, 1980.. Mommie was born on June 29, 1896 and died on March 29 1974. There are three of us children left and we miss having them to talk to.

**********************************

We are having nice sunny weather here in the Tennessee Valley. Temperature at the moment is 40 degrees. Very pleasent day More tomato growing tips later.

**************************************

If you would like to make a comment to this blog, and you are not a blog member, you may leave your comment on Dad's Tomato Garden Journal. Click hyperlink below.

Dad's Tomato Garden Journal

Or you can send your comment to me by E-Mail at mailto:white6416r@aol.com I will be glad to hear from you.

DAD

***********************************

2 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger Dad said...

This is just a test, some one said'

 
At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This entry is so touching - and a wonderful picture. It brought tears to my eyes. I so often wish I could talk to my Gram, who was like a 2nd mother to me. At least they're all with us in our hearts. Thank you for sharing this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home