Thursday, February 03, 2005

ENTRY # FORTY NINE.

Good Morning to you,

Since it is going to be a few day's before I have any tomato news ready, I am going to show you a poem that I like very much. My daughter Mary writes poetry and I ask her for permission to use it, and she said O.K.

But if you have any tomato questions please send them on to me, I answer all mail that I receive.
_____________________________________


Snowflakes and Dear Ones

Gentle snowflakes fall upon me,
Melting fast upon my face,
There’s no way that I can keep them,
If in my heart they have no place.
Very fragile, very special,
Are these snowflakes from the sky
They remind me of my dear ones,
As they gracefully flutter by.
Scarcely do I see their beauty,
Barely do their rare imprints
Fix themselves upon my fingers,
Till I’m wondering where they went.
In this world so temporary,
Filled with ephemeral things,
Surely everything is fleeting,
Flying 'way on speeding wings.
Like the snowflakes that are melting,
When they touch my skin so warm,
Yes, myself, my friends, my family,
We’re on that solemn journey home.
Snowflakes can’t be kept in bottles,
You can’t grasp them as they fly,
You just have to dearly love them,
As they slowly flutter by.
We cannot keep what can’t be held,
And just as snowflakes disappear,
Often on life’s lonely landscape
We’re deprived of what is dear.
Yet no one really leaves us,
Though we’re far, so far apart,
As long as we believe in snowflakes,
And keep them always in our hearts.
By Mary L. White
This poem brings tears to my eyes.....Dad. Bye Bye
*********************************************

Here is a link that will take you to Dad's Tomato Garden Journal, meet me over there for a cup of good coffee.


Above Poem is Copyrighted All rights reserved

2 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad, this is one of the best poems that I have ever read. No only is ever word true it is written with such depth and clarity. Mary should have this on published.
Happy Birthday wishes to Mary.
Boyd

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger SolitaryDancer said...

What a lovely poem. Mary is so talented, but I suspect you might have had something to do with bringing out that talent. :-)

You have a beautiful day.

Deborah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home