Saturday, March 07, 2009

ENTRY # NINETY THREE.

Let us each and everyone pray for one another that Our Lord will prop us up on our leaning side.



LORD PROP US UP...
.
Every time I am asked to pray, I think of the old deacon who always prayed, 'Lord, prop us up on our leanin' side.'

.
After hearing him pray that prayer many times, someone asked him why he prayed that prayer so fervently. He answered, 'Well sir, you see, it's like this ... I got an old barn out back. It's been there a long time; it's withstood a lot of weather; it's gone through a lot of storms, and it's stood for many years. It's still standing. But one day I noticed it was leaning to one side a bit. So I went and got some pine poles and propped it up on its leaning side so it wouldn't fall.Then I got to thinking about that and how much I was like that old barn. I've been around a long time.I've withstood a lot of life's storms. I've withstood a lot of bad weather in life, I've withstood a lot of hard times, and I'm still standing too.
.
I find myself leaning to one side from time to time, so I like to ask the Lord to prop us up on our leaning side, 'cause I figure a lot of us get to leaning at times.Sometimes we get to leaning toward anger, leaning toward bitterness, leaning toward hatred, leaning toward cussing, leaning toward a lot of things that we shouldn't.
.
So we need to pray, 'Lord, prop us up on our leaning side, so we will stand straight and tall again, to glorify You ''If you stare at this barn for a second you will see who will help us stand straight and tall again.
.
Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, but only empties today of its strength.
.
I Pray for you today that Our Heavenly Father will prop you up on your leaning side.

.....
This above was sent to me by a friend, I want't to pass it on to you. DAD

.
3/14/o9
......


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home