Tuesday, December 28, 2004

ENTRY # THIRTY

Good Afternoon,
It's a beautiful day in the Tennessee Valley today. The sky is clear and the temperature is very nice, 43 at 1:30 P.M. No rain expected for a few days. The Birds are out in droves today, mostly Cardinals, and are they hungry. Keeps me busy filling their feeders, but that is what I love to do.

It won't be long until the new year will be with us, here is a little poem by Helen Fischer that I like. The years pass quickly and I am afraid that I waste a lot of my time. " Time is precious- do not waste it "

The New Leaf.


He came to my desk with a quivering lip; The lesson was done; " Dear Teacher, I want a new leaf," he said, " I have spoiled this one." I took the old leaf, torn and blotted, And gave him a new one ,all unspotted, And into his sad eyes smiled: " Do better now, my child!"

I came to the throne with a trembling heart;The year's work was done; " Dear Father I want a new year," I said, " I have spoiled this one ." He took the old year ,all torn and blotted, And gave me a new one ,all unspotted, And into my sad heart smiled: " Do better now, my child "

**************************************

Thats all for today, Here is a link back to Dad's Tomato Garden Journal. I will soon be talking about Tomatoes.

http://journals.aol.com/white6416r/DadsTomatoGardenJournal/

P.S. I just happened to think, there may be a few of those cookies left, if they are help yourself to them. Scroll down to Entry # Twenty Nine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home