Sunday, July 24, 2005

ENTRY # SEVENTY

Posted by Picasa

Freezing tomatoes for soup and chili

Good Morning,

It's going to be hot today, be very careful don't get to hot.
The picture above is of tomatoes that we are freezing for the chili , soups and beef stew that we will be useing this winter. It is very easy to do. We use quart freezer bags, skin the tomatoes, cook then just a few minuets and then they go to the freezer. It's fun to do, try it. DAD.


Dear Ray,I had a great time with my family at an amusement park last weekend. It was particularly fun for me to see the foods offered. There were corn dogs, pizza, tacos, lemon ice, gyros, barbecued pork, frozen custard, and a pickle-on-a-stick. So raise your milk shake and join me in a salute to the fun summer foods everyone loves.
Here's everything you wanted to know about
pizza.
After moving to Iowa we were introduced to
corn dogs and I've yet to meet a kid who didn't love them. Try this recipe.
You're sure to find an
ice cream or frozen treat here that's just right. And if you've never tried frozen custard, it's a must.
See how easy it is to use your grill to make your own
smoked foods.
Finally, explore a wide variety of recipes using
tortillas.
Until next week, happy cooking!Wendy KalenSenior Food Editor, BHG.com
P.S. Enjoy this newsletter? Forward it to a friend.

1 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the information on how to freeze tomatoes, I'm going to give it a try. This year I had only one tomato plant. It was coming along nicely, a little small as I planted it from seed...then something ate it. Now I purchase my tomatoes at farmers market. They have some pretty good ones there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home