Friday, July 15, 2005

ENTRY #SIXTY SEVEN

Look what I had on my table for dinner tonight! These are Better Boy Tomatoes. Smile Posted by Picasa




If I Had my Child To Raise Over Again

If I had my child to raise all over again,
I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later.

I'd finger paint more, and point the finger less.
I would do less correcting and more connecting.

I'd take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.
I would care to know less and know to care more.

I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.
I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.

I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars,
I'd do more hugging and less tugging.

I'd see the oak tree in the acorn more often,
I would be firm less often, and affirm much more.

I'd model less about the love of power,
And more about the power of love.

--Diane Loomans


http://journals.aol.com/white6416r/DadsTomatoGardenJournal/


3 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Dad,
I love the poem today. I agree completely when I think of my children. I love you!
Jim

 
At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful poem, Dad, and such a nice comment from Jim! I think you did a great job in raising 2 fine people (and 3 including Princess :)

Your PA friends,
Darla, Mike and Angela
P.S. Our Molly says "ruff" to Princess :)

 
At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those tomatoes look delicious. I love the poem very much and can relate to it a lot. Helen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home