Friday, September 17, 2004

Entry # NINE

Good Morning,

Well it looks like storm has just about passed over. Here in the Tennessee valley we have some light rain and a prediction that it will clear up tonight. The temperature at 9:30 was 70, and that will be about our high for today.

I am anxious to get outside and do a little work. You soon get tired of just sitting in the house.

*************************
Here is a poem by Edgar Guest that I like.

Autumn

I want to come to autumn with the silver in my hair, And maybe have the children to stop to look at me and stare
I'd like to reach October free from blemish or from taint, As splendid as a maple tree which artists love to paint.

I'd like to come to autumn, with my life work fully done, And look a little like a tree that's gleaming in the sun; I'd like to think that I at last could come through care and tears And be as fair to look upon as every elm appears.

But when I reach October, full contented I shall be, If those with whom I've walked through life shall still have faith in me; Nor shall I dread the winter's frost, when brain and body tire, If I have made my life a thing which others can admire.
*********************

This is all I have for today. See you tomorrow. Bye Bye.

3 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry, I visit both your journals every day and love each one of them.

Deborah

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Janice said...

Glad the storms passed you by. We are having colder than usual weather today, just 63 degrees. The sun is out though and I'd be there too but my grandson and his brother are here today and both are having a nap. I've been working in the yard more lately and I actually have a few large heirloom tomatoes that are just starting to ripen. Also my grapes will be ready in a couple weeks. I have some great lettuce too, along with the chives and other herbs. I like the poem. Edgar A Guest was my mothers favorite and one of mine too.

 
At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there. Just checking out your new journal.....
Sonya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home