Tuesday, September 14, 2004

ENTRY # SIX

Good Morning,

As you would know by the title of this journal, that I am interested in growing tomatoes, and I do enjoy talking about that and helping others who might have any problems. But the tomato season is about over, so I will need to talk about some other things beside tomatoes for a while. I do enjoy pictures, and we are going to get a new camera very soon, and I hope to share pictures of my gardens, The Tennessee Valley, The Great Smoky Mountains National Park and The TVA Lakes. Also every bird or animal that we see. Also pictures of our precious Kitty, Princess.

I also enjoy good poetry. I especially like the poems that Edgar Guest wrote. Here is one today that I like.

Life

Life is a gift to be used every day, Not to be smothered and hidden away; It isn't a thing to be stored in the chest, Where you gather your keepsakes and treasure your best; It isn't a joy to be sipped now and then, And promptly put back again.

Life is a gift that the humblest may boast of, And one that the humblest well make the most of. Get out and live it each hour of the day, Wear and use it as much as you may; Don't keep it in niches and corners and grooves, You'll find that in service its beauty improves.

****************************

We are having nice weather here in the Tennessee valley today. Early morning tempeature was 58, and a high of 80 expected. No rain expected untill wed night .

All for today, see you tomorrow. Bye Bye

My E-Mail address is
white6416r@AOL.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home